Try to Google "YouTube Zyprexa" see what you get!!
Below are several links to other interesting videos posted on YouTube about SSRI antidepressants, that other class of psychotropic drugs whose serious risks are not outweighed by any proven benefits:
1. Investigative reports by Nanci Wilson, KeyTV- CBS affiliate, Texas:
Psychiatrist Dr. Graham Emslie acknowledges that he had known that SSRI antidepressants were not effective in children and adolescents but he did not disclose the facts because he had signed confidentiality agreements. Joan Claybrook, Public Citizen president expressed shock that doctors fail to meet their primary responsibility to patients!
2. Another report by Nanci Wilson focuses on Paxil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHxAtgnSHyM&NR
3. Zoloft and Suicide: Dr. David Healy, international expert explains that millions of people who are prescribed SSRI antidepressants may be at increased risk of suicide. Attorney, Karen Bath Menzes, says documents show that Pfizer knew about the risks but failed to warn physicians and the public. Dr. Healy says Pfizer knew about the increased risk–even before Zoloft was marketed because healthy volunteers who tested Zoloft became suicidal. The video features two victims: Kim Witczak, the widow of Woody Witczak, a Zoloft suicide casualty;
and Jodi Fisher, who suffered severe Zoloft withdrawal symptoms and became suicidal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XsJIqewXNY
4. Three videos are devoted to a discussion on Fox News with Jeffrey Lacasse and Jonathan Leo about the "chemical imbalance" theory of depression. Lacasse and Leo, who are our colleagues, are the authors of a trail blazing article published in PLoS Medicine: "Serotonin and Depression: A Disconnect between the Advertisements and the Scientific Literature" Online at:
They have shown that though the "chemical imbalance" theory has been promoted widely as a pseudo-scientific justification for treating depression with serotonin boosting antidepressants, that theory has no scientific validity of any kind. They also point out that there is very little scientific evidence of antidepressant drugs' efficacy.
Part I of the video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWE3UGl7KFk
Part II of video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzDv6Cublaw&mode=related&search=
Part III of video Fox News: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw0PxgTIT4k&mode=related&search=
7. Eyewitness news ABC News: GlaxoSmithKline Antidepressant suppression of Paxil clinical trial data:
Contact: Vera Hassner Sharav
Aid Our Efforts: Donate!
Make a tax-deductible contribution today.