Repeal of Thimerosal Rider under Omnibus Approriations Bill
Thu, 20 Feb 2003
Congress has acted! On Valentine’s Day, Congress passed the Omnibus Appropriation Act, repealing the thimerosal protection rider that had been slipped into Homeland Security Act. Vaccine manufacturers are no longer protected from liability. Parents may exercise their right to sue vaccine manufacturers if they have reason to believe a vaccine product caused their child damage.
E-NEWS FROM THE NATIONAL VACCINE INFORMATION CENTER
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
UNITED WAY/COMBINED FEDERAL CAMPAIGN #9119
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
“Protecting the health and informed consent rights of children since 1982.”
On 2/14/03 The Omnibus Appropriations Bill passed. It completely repealed the thimerosal protection rider that was in the Homeland Security Act. Here is the language that was drafted as a compromise between Snowe, Collins, Chafee and Frist:
DIVISION L- HOMELAND SECURITY ACT OF 2002 AMENDMENTS
SEC. 102.NON-PREJUCIAL REPEAL OF SECTIONS 1714 THROUGH 1717 OF THE HOMELAND SECURITY ACT OF 2002. (a) REPEAL. – In accordance with subsection (c), sections 1714 through 1717 of the Homeland Security Act of 2002 (Public Law 107-296) are repealed.
(b) APPLICATION OF THE PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE ACT. – The Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 201 et seq) shall be applied and administered as if the sections repealed by subsection (a) had never been enacted.
(c) RULE OF CONSTRUCTION.- No inference shall be drawn from the enactment of sections 1714 through 1717 of the Homeland Security Act of 2002 (Public Law 107-295), or from this repeal, regarding the law prior to enactment of sections 1714 through 1717 of the Homeland Security Act of 2002. Further, no inference shall be drawn that subsection (a) or (b) affects any change in that prior law, or that Leroy v Secretary of Health and Human Services, Office of Special Master, No. 02-392V (October 11, 2002), was incorrectly decided.
(d) SENSE OF CONGRESS. -It is the sense of Congress that-
(1) the Nation’s ability to produce and develop new and effective vaccines faces significant challenges, and important steps are needed to revitalize our immunization efforts in order to ensure an adequate supply of vaccines and to encourage the development of new vaccines;
(2) these steps include ensuring that patients who have suffered vaccine-related injuries have the opportunity to seek fair and timely redress, and that vaccine manufacturers, manufacturers of components or ingredients of vaccines, and physicians and other administrators of vaccines have adequate protections;
(3) prompt action is particularly critical given that vaccines are a front line of defense against common childhood and adult diseases, as well as against current and future biological threats; and
(4) not later than 6 months after the date of enactment of this Act, the Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions of the Senate and the Committee on Energy and Commerce of the House of Representatives should report a bill addressing the issues described in paragraphs (1) through (3).
Director and Co-founder
National Vaccine Information Center
421-E Church Street
Vienna, VA 22180
News@909shot.com is a free service of the National Vaccine Information Center and is supported through membership donations. Learn more about vaccines, diseases and how to protect your informed consent rights http://www.909shot.com
Become a member and support NVIC’s work https://www.909shot.com/order.htm
To sign up for a free e-mail subscription http://www.909shot.com/emaillist.htm
NVIC is funded through individual membership donations and does not receive government funding. Barbara Loe Fisher, President and Co-founder. NOTE: This is not an interactive e-mail list. Please do not respond to messages.
Sheri Nakken, R.N., MA, Classical Homeopath
Vaccination Information & Choice Network, Nevada City CA & Wales UK
$$ Donations to help in the work – accepted by Paypal account firstname.lastname@example.org voicemail US 530-740-0561 (go to http://www.paypal.com) or by mail Vaccines – http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/vaccine.htm Homeopathy course – http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/homeo.htm
ANY INFO OBTAINED HERE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS MEDICAL OR LEGAL ADVICE. THE DECISION TO VACCINATE IS YOURS AND YOURS ALONE.
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality” ….Michael Ellner
Our Anthrax information web site: http://www.dallasnw.quik.com/cyberella/
DESTROY QUARANTINED VACCINE: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?robi2662&amp;amp;1
PETITION TO OVERTURN/REPEAL FERES DOCTRINE http://www.i-charity.net/ptn/80
To visit Dr. Meryl Nass’s web site, go to: http://www.anthraxvaccine.org
Tom Colosimo’s website: http://www.tomcolosimo.com
Also visit: Anthrax Vaccine Benefit vs Risk: http://www.avip2001.net AND http://www.MajorBates.com/
Anthrax Vaccine Network http://www.anthraxvaccine.net Sgt. Sandra Larson’s story: http://www.house.gov/reform/hearings/healthcare/00.10.03/rugo.htm http://www.house.gov/reform/hearings/healthcare/00.10.03/accountability.doc
Tom Heemstra’s new book – http://www.anthraxadeadlyshotinthedark.com/index.html