Dr. Karen Effrem is a pediatrician, researcher, and conference speaker. Dr. Effrem’s undergraduate degree is in Pharmacy from Purdue University, her medical degree is from Johns Hopkins University and her pediatric training is from the University of Minnesota. She has provided testimony for Congress, as well as in-depth analysis of numerous pieces of major federal education, health, and early childhood legislation for congressional staff, state legislatures, and many organizations. Besides serving on the board of the Alliance for Human Research Protection, Dr. Effrem is president of Education Liberty Watch, as well as the co-founder and executive director of the Florida Stop Common Core Coalition. She is also a former board member of The International Society for Ethical Psychiatry and Psychology.
Dr. Effrem has been involved in many areas of children’s health and education policy including:
- Standing for academic excellence, parental rights, state sovereignty, local control, data privacy and freedom from psychological manipulation and data privacy by opposing the Common Core standards, psychological profiling via the mandated tests, government career tracking and data collection systems by:
- Providing policy analyses, conference speeches, legislative testimony, interviews and debates, in Minnesota and Florida as well as working with groups in multiple other states
- Showing the eugenics roots and psychological profiling efforts of one of the major testing organizations involved in the national Common Core testing scheme
- Opposing invasive, subjective mental health screening from infancy through adolescence by:
- Analyzing the psychological screening and profiling occurring or proposed in major federal education legislation and testing programs
- Producing multiple policy analyses, editorials, briefing sessions, a video presentation, research booklet, national and international conference speeches, and legislative testimonies
- Joining in the work of AHRP and other organizations to expose the connection between the pharmaceutical industry and the development and expansion of government child mental screening programs resulting in over diagnosis of psychiatric disorders and needless and dangerous drugging with psychotropic medication
- Drafting and analyzing legislation in multiple states including Minnesota, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah, as well as the US Congress
- Serving as an expert witness in a federal lawsuit against a school district that mentally screened a student without parental consent
- Being involved with many groups that provided the medical and policy information and the legal pressure of the above mentioned lawsuit that helped close down the TeenScreen adolescent mental screening program
- Shielding children from coerced psychotropic medication by:
- Providing some of the research, analysis, briefings, and legislative drafting for legislation that was enacted into law in the reauthorization of the Individuals with Disabilities Act, separate legislation that passed the US House by over 400 votes for all students, as well as state legislation enacted in Minnesota.
- Warning about the loss of genetic privacy related to longitudinal federal preschool data collection and newborn genetic screening programs
- Providing analysis of The Biodefense and Pandemic Vaccine and Drug Development Act of 2005 showing the concentration of power and money in the federal government and private unaccountable vaccine and pharmaceutical manufacturers at the expense of freedom, health, and finances of the US taxpayers
- Protecting families by warning about the loss of Fourth Amendment rights and data privacy, as well as the ineffectiveness of home visiting programs
- Protecting young children against subjective, indoctrinating, ineffective government preschool standards, programs, and program evaluations that discriminate against private and religious programs
- Presentations on the various aspects of the medical dangers and loss of freedom via the Affordable Care Act
She has spoken at numerous state, national, and international conferences. She has been interviewed by Fox News and interviewed by or quoted in the Wall Street Journal, the British Medical Journal, Politico, Bloomberg News, World Net Daily, newspapers, radio and television stations across the country. Dr. Karen Effrem and her husband Paul, have three children.
Aid Our Efforts: Donate!
Make a tax-deductible contribution today.